Common Reasons Patients Seek Express Care
Are you sick or hurt? Do you need medical care right away?
If your injury or illness is potentially life threatening, then call 911 or go to an emergency room (ER). But if not, an express care or walk-in clinic, such as River’s Edge Express Clinic, might be a better choice. In many cases, it can be faster and less costly than ER care.
Express care clinics, like River’s Edge Express Clinic, are walk-in clinics that treat a wide range of illnesses, including these.
Minor Respiratory Infections and Illnesses
- Common cold: Also known as an upper respiratory infection, typically includes symptoms such as coughing, sneezing and, sometimes, body aches.
- Sore throat: If you have a sore throat, the nurse practitioner at River’s Edge Express Clinic will perform a quick strep test and then determine the appropriate treatment.
- Bronchitis: Bronchitis, inflammation of the bronchial tubes that let air in and out of your lungs, can cause symptoms such as wet coughing, fatigue and chills.
- Flu: This very contagious respiratory infection, which typically peaks between December and February, may cause fever, body aches, sore throat, runny nose and headaches.
Eye or Ear Infections
- Pink eye: Known for being highly contagious, pink eye is also called conjunctivitis. Symptoms include itchy and watery eyes, redness in eyes, and blurred vision.
- Styes: An infection of an eyelid’s oil gland, a stye can cause a painful, swollen and red lump either on the inside or the edge of the eyelid.
- Middle ear infection: This type of ear infection is mostly associated with children, but adults can get them, too. Symptoms include ear pain, drainage from the ear and fever.
Other Conditions We Treat
River’s Edge Express Clinic is equipped to handle a whole roster of medical problems. Some of the other common illnesses, injuries and conditions we treat include:
- Ear wax removal
- Seasonal allergies
- Skin issues, including cold and canker sores, eczema, hives, impetigo, shingles, skin infections, warts
- Urinary tract infections (females only, ages 5 and older)
We’re Here for Your Family
River’s Edge Express Clinic offers care for everyone in the family ages 18 months and older. In addition to diagnosing and treating you when you’re sick or hurt, our nurse practitioner also offers sports physicals, as well as screenings for diabetes, hypertension and tuberculosis. If you need a vaccination, you can walk in and get those, too. River’s Edge Express Clinic can provide pneumonia, influenza, meningococcal, Tdap and hepatitis B vaccines.
River’s Edge Express Clinic offers walk-in care Monday–Friday from 11 a.m.–7:30 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m. We accept most major health insurance plans, as well as cash and credit cards. Call 507-353-2997 to learn more.
Our physical therapists are trained to effectively rehabilitate a variety of conditions and will work with you to assess your needs and design a treatment plan to meet your therapy goals.
The OrthoEdge Joint Replacement Program includes the involvement of your entire care team to help you through the joint replacement process and return you to an active lifestyle as quickly as possible.
Emergency Room River’s Edge Hospital Emergency Department is a Level IV Trauma Center that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.